Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking Over My Favorite Clover(s)


On this St. Patrick's Day I give you an


ODE TO A CLOVER

This is my long suffering, most forgiving shamrock.

I have been raising and nuturing
it since before any of my children were born.
I got it as an offshoot from my mom's plant which
I believe she got from her
gardening next-door-neighbor extraordinaire Kay.

So it's like always having a part of my mom with me.
Grandma Ann took good care of it for us when we moved
to Thailand for three years, and it now lives out its days
contentedly in our part sun/part shade courtyard.

As mentioned before it receives no special treatment,
and some times it looks better than other times.
Every night it closes up its flowers and lowers its
droopy leaves, but every morning it is there to
greet us with open arms when we wake up.


Also there to greet us this St. Patrick's Day morning:

(the milk is green, can't you tell?)


Shamrocks
(my "Irish" twins and my fraternal twins)


Harriet's shamrock socks


The spirit of St. Patrick -
Jack with his red hair, freckles, and green tongue



Bonus video:
The kids were playing out front after I made them
pose by the shamrock - Jack performs on the pogo stick
notice how "green" our neighborhood is! especially because
it's trash day!


Green was also "the" color at the elementary school today:


Harriet hangs with her crowd

while Jack shoots some hoops

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



1 comment:

C Hall said...

Too cute! And I love that you have that plant from your mom’s plant! Tell jack he’s got sweet skills on the pogo :)