Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crystal Cove Birthday Breakfast


Grammy Ann had a birthday on May Day! To celebrate we had breakfast one morning this past week at The Beachcomber, located at Crystal Cove just north of Laguna Beach. Crystal Cove is a former colony of cottages situated right down on the beach so we park across PCH in the lot, and take this shuttle over.

Its a bit chilly and I'm glad I brought my big sweater

The shuttle drops us off and we walk down
the path to the cottages at Crystal Cove -
so rustic and quaint its like stepping back in time.







Breakfast at The Beachcomber is delicious ~

the birthday guest of honor

breakfast party

After breakfast we stroll around a bit -
all of the structures are rustic structures,
some so rustic they are condemned.
No one lives here but many of the cottages
have been converted into rentals,
some single houses, some dorm style.


beach cruisers



the path along the cliffs

Thanks for an atmospheric morning Crystal Cove!

(and thanks Grandpa for breakfast!)

1 comment:

C Hall said...

Great photos heather! I have never been to this place. I’m sure mom was so happy to have you girls at her bday breakfast :)