
(Carol-Diane, I know you are cueing Dana Carvey at the piano right now...)
New Beginnings! New Beginnings! New Beginnings!

She is the only girl her age in our ward so she was singled out as the newest, only, incoming girl. The girls in the program were extremely warm and welcoming, and it was the only time I've been glad that Harriet is the only one her age - she really enjoyed the attention from the older girls and felt very special.
Recently Harriet attended the Young Women's New Beginnings program in our ward, as she will become a "Young Woman" when she turns 12 this fall!
She is the only girl her age in our ward so she was singled out as the newest, only, incoming girl. The girls in the program were extremely warm and welcoming, and it was the only time I've been glad that Harriet is the only one her age - she really enjoyed the attention from the older girls and felt very special. I LOVE our YW president -
she is our neighbor with 7 kids,
who are good friends to my kids.
She has a daughter who will be going to BYU this fall on a soccer scholarship - we've enjoyed cheering Kat on this past season at the El Toro home games. She introduced Harriet and told of a time that Harriet showed courage as an example to all. Again my sometimes-shy daughter really enjoyed being in the spotlight and receiving this attention.

Gold medal for courage that Harriet was given.
Harriet wearing her medal holding her accidentally color-coordinating bouquet of flowers posing with our completely awesome bishop.
Harriet, you are an amazing person, so much smarter and far more creative than I ever was at your age. I know that you are going to love the upcoming changes this year (middle-school!) and you will continue to thrive and succeed at everything you desire to do!
We Love You!!
1 comment:
Yea! I’m so glad Harriet got a warm welcome--she is really is such a smart and creative girl. Aubs is so lucky to have her as her cousin twin :)
Post a Comment